WELCOME TO HUSEINI SUNDAY SCHOOL
Huseini Sunday School will continue to conduct its fall 2021 classes virtually. Registration for the 2021-2022 classes will begin August 1, 2021. Our Classes for the academic 2021–2022-year Insh’Allah begins on Sunday, September 12, 2021. Classes are from 11am 2:15pm.
To the returning parents, welcome back! For parents new to us, we are excited to welcome you and your children to our Sunday School and look forward to meeting you virtually!
Please click on the attached link to register your child. (Apply Today) Each child must complete a separate registration and provide a unique email address as we use Google Suite to conduct all our classes.
Few people realize what an impact the SIIJLA Madressa has made on our community here. The little over thirty years of the school serves to illustrate what has been achieved so far, and is a tribute to all those whose ideas and efforts have gone into building a healthy future for our next generation… Our school is the pride of the community and a tribute to the vision and foresight of those who saw its usefulness all those years ago. May Allah bless all those who have given their time and effort, both in the past and present, to help in imparting knowledge about His religion to our children.
With Salaams & Duas.
Motivating, educating, and enhancing the Islamic knowledge of the community children and youth. Employing modern methods to provide moral, psychological, and practical guidance and training to community children and youth in accordance with Islamic values.
Educate community children and youth to appreciate and understand the Qur’an, Islamic knowledge and values.
Guide community children and youth in developing and cultivating a strong Islamic identity by acquainting them with past and present contributions of Islam.
Promote fraternity through social activities amongst the children, youths and the community at large
- Teachings – Create, implement, and oversee teaching philosophy & curriculam
- Student Records – Maintain up-to-date student records including registration, attendance, and grades
- Volunteers – Solicit and recognize volunteers as needed
- Quarterly programs – Publish and circulate information through quarterly programs & functions
- Teacher development – Arrange for teacher development programs as required
NEWS & UPDATES
- Huseini Sunday School will continue to conduct its fall 2021 classes virtually.
Registration for the 2021-2022 classes will begin August 1, 2021. Classes
Insh’Allah begin on Sunday, September 12, 2021.
- For the academic calendar for the upcoming year, please check back for updates.
- Academic Calendar 2018-2019 Download here
|Quran||Teacher Name||Tarbiyah||Teacher Name|
|Beginners 1||Sr. Sabrina Ali-Nathani||Band A||Sr. Sabrina Ali-Nathani|
|Beginners 2||Sr. Ismat Fazal||Band B||Sr. Rukiya Virji|
|Juniors 1||Sr. Ruwaida Bash||Band C||Sr. Shabnam Virji|
|Juniors 2||Sr. Shima Madani||Band D||Zehra Hirji, Sr. Tanweer Daya, Br. Azim Sayani|
|Intermediate||Sr. Huda Garawi||Band E||Sr. Shima Madani , Sr. Suroor Ali|
|Du’a||Br. Jamil Jaffer||Band F||Sr. Ismat Fazal|
|Seniors||Sr. Shabnam Dewji|
The following etiquette guideline aims to establish a fair and equal classroom environment where everyone can participate without any reservations.
- At the school, we expect all our students to have the best Akhlaq! Remember you are always responsible for your own Akhlaq!
- In accordance with the above, students are expected to display the following Akhlaq in all classes and all situations.
- Always be your best and do your best.
- Treat all others and their property with courtesy & respect.
- Listen to your teacher and to your classroom colleagues when they are speaking.
- Follow all the instructions given by your teacher.
- Make sure you bring all appropriate materials to class.
- Be on time for all lessons and activities.
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT
Observe the below codes to maintain the overall discipline of the school.
- Each week you are expected to bring: your manual; pens; pencils; rulers and erasers.
- An Islamic dress code should be observed by all [see below]
- Food, drink, chewing gum etc are only to be consumed during break time.e
- Classrooms must be left as clean as they were at the beginning of the day.
- Valuable items (mobile phones, iPods etc) are to be kept switched off and stored at the bottom of your bag. All items are brought in at your own risk. Confiscated items can only be collected by parents/guardians from the Madressa office.
- The School fully expects all its students to ensure that these rules are observed at all times and in all situations.
Below are some good resources for the students
By the grace of Allah, The World Federation is pleased to present to the community the combined edition of the new translation of the Tawḍīḥ al-Masāʾil of His Eminence al-Sayyid Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani (may Allah protect him). The first translation of this work, by Mulla Asgharali M. M. Jaffer, was published by The World Federation in 1994. The second edition was originally published as two separate volumes: volume one (Ritual Acts of Worship) was published in 2015, and volume two (Transactions) was published in 2017. Both volumes contain new rulings, as well as changes to some previous rulings, and are annotated by the translator. In this combined edition, the entire work is presented as one comprehensive volume.
REGISTER YOUR CHILD
Fall Registration Now Open!
Huseini Sunday School is an educational institution operated by a dedicated team of volunteers,
teachers, and parents whose mission is to promote the teachings of the Holy Quran and Ahlul
Bayt and to prepare our students to become the companions of our 12th Imam, Imam Mahdi
We are committed to partner with you in your child’s “tarbiyah” to enrich their Islamic
knowledge, build strong ethics, inspire children and young adults to increase their
connection with and strengthen their dedication to serve the mission of Imam Mahdi (ATF).
Please update the registration form to include a STUDENT EMAIL ADDRESS (GMAIL)
Become a part of SIIJLA Community
Subscribe to our mailing list(s) or to modify an existing subscription.