SIIJLA respects your privacy and doesn’t share your private information with people you don’t choose to share it with.
The Information We Collect
When you use a SIIJLA application you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and usage information that is collected by our servers as you use our applications (“User Content”).
When you register with SIIJLA, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your username, your email address and a photo representation (“avatar”) and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you use SIIJLA applications, you may set up your personal profile. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features.
SIIJLA may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of SIIJLA applications through the operation of the service in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
You post User Content through SIIJLA applications at your own risk. Although we limit access to your content and associated meta-data such as your location history, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your information.
Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post with SIIJLA will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in SIIJLA applications. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived form or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
By using SIIJLA, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Use of Information Obtained by SIIJLA
- When you register with SIIJLA, you create your own profile and optionally share your location. Your username and profile, including your avatar, are your unique identity that is shared across all of the applications in the SIIJLA portfolio.
- Your username and avatar (but not email address) may be displayed to other SIIJLA users to enable you to connect with people on SIIJLA. We may occasionally use your username and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by SIIJLA that we think you may find valuable. You can “opt out” of those emails at anytime.
- We will never share your location unless directed by you to do so.
- SIIJLA may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. These announcements may also relate to new product launches or other relevant information about SIIJLA and the services we provide, if you selected to receive such notifications.
- Listen to your teacher and to your classroom colleagues when they are speaking.
- SIIJLA may use information in your profile or related to your activities on SIIJLA applications in order to personalize the application experience for you. SIIJLA may also share information such as user trends and application downloads in aggregate to third parties without identifying you as an individual.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
SIIJLA is about users sharing information with others.
We do not provide contact or location information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is
1) necessary for business operations (e.g., emailing you through a third party server such as Gmail),
2) legally required or when we choose to collaborate with a law enforcement agency in the investigation of a possible crime,
3) permitted by you.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
In the event that SIIJLA is acquired by or merged with third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control so the service can continue operations.
Changing or Removing Information
SIIJLA users may modify any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their SIIJLA account may do so by emailing us at email@example.com. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of SIIJLA.
SIIJLA takes appropriate precautions to protect our users’ information. Your account information is located on a secured server. If you have any questions about the security of SIIJLA applications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we make changes, we will post them and will indicate at the top of this page the policy’s new effective date.
If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or through notice on our home page.
Become a part of SIIJLA Community
Subscribe to our mailing list(s) or to modify an existing subscription.